Thursday, June 23, 2005

Mmmm....the smell of freshly baked garlic bread.

I'm sitting here in the church office with a nose full of the baked spaghetti and garlic bread that Gina, the youth minister, has cooked for World Changers. She's promised me any leftovers in about an hour. I'm going to hold her to that.
So. Wha's up wit' choo?
Me? Getting ready to start the new job....wheeee, exciting. that's the kind of exciting it is: wheeee. Caswell this weekend! I can't wait. The folks and I are heading down to visit my bro and catch up with my peeps down there for the annual Parent's Weekend. I'll be glad to be on the receiving end of all that good food that they break out only when parents are around. Otherwise, it's pork loin and rice pilaf for everybody! Parent's weekend, however, they roll out the seafood buffet...that's right. Caswell wants to let all the parents know how good their kids have got it working all summer for them.
What I'm actually looking forward to this weekend, though, outside of getting to see my Yam and my other favorite Caswell-ites is:
1.)A crabcake burger from the Yacht Basin Provision Company
2.)A Slush n' Joe from Port City Java
3.)The beeeeeeeaaaaaaaaach!
4.)The traditional Parent's Weekend Slide Show-palooza

Even though I won't know anybody in the pictures that i haven't worked with before or that i'm not related to or that I'm not willing to get to know because they're hot (kidding! so kidding!), it should be amusing nonetheless. plus, there's the added bonus of knowing that my brother helped put the thing together. Criticism is inevitable, Nate. be on your toes.

Command Decisons Two and a Half.

You know how i made the command decision to go back to grad school a few weeks ago? well here are some follow-up decisions to keep the kids happy:
1.)Despite the innate urge in me to get out of my parent's house and head for the hills with a maniacal cackle, I've decided that I am going to stay at home for now and save up some much-needed moo-lah. Plus, my room rocks and I kinda like it there anyway. So. No apartment for at least six months. And then I'll need a roommate. Any takers? Put your hand down, Jeffrey.
1/2.) This doesn't count as a whole command decision since it's only a revert back to previous command decision. Even though I'm about to start a great job at a company I'm really excited about, doing something that's IN MY FIELD....I'm still going to go back to grad school. That's right. I want to go back and get that degree in professional and technical communication so that my employer will know what a rare treasure I am(well, outside of my banana sandwich-making skills and my spit-take-worthy jokes)...with a masters under my belt.

So there you have it. Be inspired to make something of your life. As Oprah inspired me. ....kidding.

Alright...well that's pretty much it for now. Don't read my brother's blog because it's boring this week but do keep checking back right here as I'm sure I'll be posting more nail-biting excitement as the Caswell Weekend and First Week On The Job progress. Can you stand the excitement??? Can you????

Out like proverbial trout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home