Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Anybody want to go camping? Anybody??


Wow, the weather's been gorgeous the past day or two! I worked from home yesterday (did I mention I LOVE my job?) and when I didn't have my head buried in the screen of my laptop, I got outside whenever I could, playing with Maggie and harassing my sister's cats. She's got a whole herd of 'em. They don't like me, mostly. It's okay though...i don't deter easily.
You know what's even more awesome about this beautiful weather? I get to spend a big ol' chunk of it at Caswell this weekend. That's right, I'm taking the afternoon off on Friday to drive down and spend a whole weekend with Yam and my lovely assistant/friend Holly (Molly). I'm so excited about this, especially because I haven't seen Holly in a coon's age. Or more specifically, since last spring. She's such a sweet and silly person and I love her to pieces. She and I have giggled relentlessly and eaten ice cream and german food and shopped and rung up countless campers in the PX. We've vented about school and boys and work and boys...and boys. And then she found the boy that apparently requires no venting...and decided, "hey, maybe I should keep this one!" Kidding...sort of. But what it comes to is that my good friend Holly is getting married this summer to a young man I can't wait to get to know. The wedding is in May and she asked me to be a bridesmaid! I was so excited when she asked me. I've only been a bridesmaid to my sister so far, so to have someone not obligated by blood relation ask me to be in their wedding was a compliment I was surprised and thrilled to receive! I've so far ordered my lovely lavender gown (floor-length, halter top) and am now in the market for shoes...but I'm sure she and I will discuss girly wedding-y stuff this weekend (Don't worry...I won't include details of hair and nails and self-tanning).
It's a weird thing when your friends start getting married all around you. My friends Aaron and Downey, and Jayson and Sarah are getting married in the coming months (Aaron and Downey on the same day as Holly!) and then I have two cousins, Rebecca and Jennifer, who will have their weddings this summer and fall, respectively. A good friend from work, Monica, is getting married in early June and fingers crossed, I'll be able to make it before flying for the first time to Philly (that's right, i'm gonna fly!). Sigh. I've got a lot of dresses to buy. And singing to do. I'm looking forward to all of it though! I love getting dressed up and watching people I love get married....my face always hurts from smiling after weddings. It's something I look forward to for myself one day but until God sets that plan into action, I take the most joy from the excitement and happiness of those around me. Well...I say that now. Nathan, keep your sarcastic comments to yourself. That goes for all of you. I haven't bought stock in Kleenex yet.
For those of you who haven't gone to see Music and Lyrics yet, go. It's so much fun to watch and you'll find the songs stuck in your head at the end of the night. I'm not ashamed to admit that i bought the soundtrack on itunes. Yes, i've been rocking out the dulcet tones of none other than Hugh Grant. His pants, though tight in this movie, don't come close to the near-obscenity that David Bowie's wardrobe presented in The Labyrinth so if you're apprehensive, rest easy. Though there are many gratuitous cleavage shots, it's overall good, clean fun. Two slap-bracelets up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home