Thursday, March 08, 2007

All I've Eaten Today is Snackwells Cookies..And That Ain't Good.

Well, here it comes. Black monday. It's not here yet, but oh, it'll be here soon enough. Okay, so maybe I'm being dramatic. I do that. What the crap am I talking about? Monday at Dude U, that's what.
Okay, fine. Let me tell you what I'm really talking about. Every year, the company I work for takes five days down at Myrtle Beach and hosts a conference. It's a pretty cool chance to meet the clients we work with and talk to every day but woah, does it take some energy out of you. Last year was my first year and I didn't know what to expect. We left after work on Friday and from Saturday morning on, we were all wide open, working our collective Dude fannies off, and didn't have a spare minute to realize how tired we were until Wednesday came and it was time to go home. Monday is the hardest day. We stay in the lab literally all day until 8 or 9 o'clock at night at which time we finally eat dinner. And by then we're starving because chances are, we didn't all have time to eat an actual meal for lunch. Then the silliness kicks in. Dinner out is on the Dude and there's tons of laughig and talking and eating and the tiredness slowy drains out of us.
Dude U is one of those events that you almost dread with anxiety, you're too busy to really realize it while you're there, and then you look back on it once you get back home and think, "Well, that was actually pretty fun." If last year was any indication, I know I'll come back with a new appreciation for my company, the people I work with, and our clients. One of my good friends won't be there this year though, and it just won't be the same because I'll miss her so much. She's not getting rid of me though...we're going to hang out and eat sushi and watch Ghost Hunters just as much as ever. I miss you girl!!

Know what I'm the most excited about this year on our Dude U trip to Myrtle Beach? Medieval Times. That's right...yours truely will have her very first Medieval Times experience this saturday and I'm a little ashamed to admit, I'm pretty dang excited about it.
"Red Knight's goin' down! Down, down down!"

Unless, of course, I'm sitting in his section. Wench! Can I get refill on this Pepsi?

I've also been asked to keep a blog while at Dude U for the first time ever so we'll see how that goes. I get to chuck my astute observations about the conference onto the web for unwitting victims to stumble onto and then wish they hadn't. Kind of like you guys. Or guy. Or girl. Or drooling monkey. Whichever applies.

Sigh.

Next weekend, I'm actually going to make it down to Caswell for the whole weekend. Maybe even a day or two extra. After this week, and especially after the coming week, I could really use some recouperation. Yam, get the couch ready. And the tissue box. I've got some crying to do. Well...some cookies might help. And Dr. Pepper. And my favorite episode of Friends. I won't get back from Myrtle Beach until Wednesday evening and I'm actually considering taking Friday off (and maybe Thursday), to get some extra Yam time in. I'm tired. I just need to get away from here for a while. And I also need to see my Holly Molly so we can plot wedding mischief together!

And guess what? Somewhere in the middle of all this craziness, I've got to study for the GRE! That'll be here in just a couple of weeks and I've been so busy that I keep forgetting it!

Wish me luck and please keep me in your prayers. March is proving to be a tough month but hopefully I'll come out the other side a little stronger and with a lot to be excited about. For all my awesome friends, I love you and I'm so thankful for every crazy one of you! You keep me sane and laughing my head off. Which doesn't always help with the appearance of sanity, but I love it.

Jennifer, Virginia, and Rebecca....I had such a great time with you the other night! Even though two of you are getting married (we're hangin' in there Virginia! :) ) I love you all and I can't wait to do it again!

If I can update from MB I will but if not, I'll talk to you guys when I get back! Post some love for me!!!

1 Comments:

At March 13, 2007 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE The Cable Guy reference... I just have one question - did they have utensils at Medieval Times? Because you know there were no utensils IN medieval times, thus no utensils AT Medieval Times... but they had Pepsi.

Val

 

Post a Comment

<< Home