Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Tuesday At The Staples Center: Live on CNN

Okay, so I'm sitting here watching the memorial service for Michael Jackson at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.  Is anybody else but me just a bit irritated?  Actually, I'm more sad than irritated because it seemed to me that Michael Jackson spent a large part of his life sad, lonely, misunderstood, and wistful for a different kind of life.  What irritates me is that during his lifetime, all you ever heard about Michael Jackson in the past ten to fifteen years was negative, convoluted, tabloid fodder.  People are saving all the good, all the kind words, all the protection and defense for after he's gone.  People waited to celebrate who he was and what he gave to the world until his death.  It just doesn't seem fair or right to me.
I was really grateful to hear Brooke Shields's description of him: happy, loving life, loving to laugh...a sweet, fun, and funny person.
I didn't know him of course, but I loved his music and I was very sad to hear he'd gone. I hope he's found happiness and peace.  He gave us some incredible music.

A more cheerful blog post coming soon, I promise!


1 Comments:

At June 16, 2010 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was running through my blog favorites and would just like to express my disappointment at the lack of updates.

-Melissa C (formerly W)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home